Sunday, July 23, 2006

Weekend over..... What now?

Well, I can only reflect on my weekend right now, because I can't stand the thought of waking up at 5:30 in the morning to get ready for..... W-O-R-K...... Just can't do it.....

Friday night - date night. Mike and I actually had some alone time together. This is an unusual occurance for us. We went to Providence Place Mall. Took in a movie (You, Me and Dupree) and got some grub at Dave and Busters. The movie was pretty funny even though it got some not-so-great reviews. Dinner was good. Had something new.... Something I have never tried.... something in Mike's salad that HE didn't want to try. It was called hearts of palm. I have heard of it but never had it before. Not bad.... not good, but not bad.

Saturday was girlfriend day. I got to "work" with Donna at Michael's. Now, it wasn't so much work as it was playing. I got to use the Cricut (LOVE it! Soooooo much better than the Quickutz. Not as portable, but lots of other options. I hope this ends up somewhere in my house!) From there, we went to AC Moore in Warwick and then to the SB store in Pawtucket, which we missed by 1 hour! Who knew they closed at 2:00??? Anyway, here is something that I know she would never share, but I am proud of her and want everyone to see it! This was an article for the local RI paper, the Valley Breeze. Check it out if you are in RI any time soon. I found mine at The Ice Cream Machine (my favorite!) in Cumberland. Congrats Donna... No matter what you say, you will always be a star in my eyes! Donna, I had such a great time with you. Laughing, sharing, talking. I love you! Thanks for always supporting me!

Sunday we went to Slater Park for a cook-out that was put together by one of Mike's supervisors. His co-workers and their childred/grandchildren were invited. We had a great time there. Mike had a good time "playing" with the boys. Jimmy and Mike were the reigning horseshoe champions; a title Mike takes very seriously. Especially since he hasn't really played since he hurt his back. But he took a pill and was feeling fine, beating everyone that played against him. We went to Uno's for dinner. From there we came home and I sat at my table for a little while and did a page with some of the new things I got at AC Moore. It didn't come out good enough to share here.... sorry.

... And now, I sit at my computer with eyes glassing over from complete exhaustion. I don't know why I am so tired lately. It isn't like I am doing much. Maybe it is from all the fresh air I got today.

So, with that I will sign off. Have yourself a wonderful week. Long weekend for me.
Thursday is BonJovi and Nickelback. Friday we are off to Conneticut where we will be camping. Sunday is the PawSox game.... Home on Monday. Boy, another busy weekend..... What is a girl to do? Take pictures of course!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog, Stacey. You are a hoot. Your work is amazing. You are very talented. Keep up the good work

Anonymous said...

For the record I LOVE hearts of palm and Bon Jovi - that is one YUMMY combination!