Thursday, July 12, 2007

Please let me introduce you...

...to the newest member of the Clinton family.....

This is Rocky....

Rocky is a beagle/hound mix. Rocky is one lucky boy. He was brought here from Virginia where he was left in the wild to fend for himself. We rescued him from the Sterling Animal Shelter. He is about 12 weeks old. He is fixed and friendly. Exactly what we were looking for. Not too hyper but still has the puppy play.... He is a very good boy in the car. He crawled into a little ball next to me and took a little nap on my lap during the long ride home yesterday.


He is making himself right at home. He found my duster this morning. Totally rocked that!

I am loving him already. Look at that face. What's not to love really? He purrs... seriously, he purrs when you pet him. He also has quite the yelp going on. Trust me on this one. I heard it all night last night. And I am planning on hearing it all night tonight too. I know it will take a few nights for him to get used to his new home and for us to get used to him too. I can't give in to the cries. It kills me, but I must ignore it. I am just going to shut the doors and turn the AC on high so I can't hear it. I know he isn't afraid of the crate, probably just afraid to be alone.

We are not looking forward to the training part. We need to sign him up for puppy school. Although, we have had him for over 24 hours now and we haven't had an accident inside. Of course, he did leave his mark at PetSmart today.... =) Right now, he is in his crate which is right next to me, with the door open and sleeping, and snoring.... he has to be with me at all times. Where ever I go, he goes.

The only problem we have right now is the cats. Cali has been hiding behind Mike's bureau since we brought him home. I don't this she has eaten or gone to the litter box yet. Patches has tried venturing out a bit to check him out, but hasn't made any eye contact yet. I think she ate a bit. That's good. I don't think Rocky even knows that he's not alone here. It should be veeerrrryyyyyy interesting when they do meet each other.

I leave you with this spectacular photo I took at Colt State Park in Bristol, RI last Saturday night. The sunset was amazing. The photo is in it's original state - no photoshopping or altering of any kind. The colors are exactly as we saw them. Amazing. Simply beautiful. You gotta love Mother Nature and all her glory.