Saturday, July 07, 2007

The Clinton household may soon be growing by one.....

OK, it's not what you think. Not now anyway...

We had the opportunity to adopt the cutest little Cocker Spaniel named Glinda (i know, not the best name in the world) from a friend of a friend. He was getting divorced, selling his house, couldn't keep her, yadda yadda yadda. Unfortunately, the BASTARD gave her away to someone else after we had talked about taking her! BASTARD! Ugh..... He mad me cry! No wonder he is getting a divorce!


Soooooooooo, since we were all so upset by this (yes, even Mike) I decided to go onto petfinder.com. Here you can find lots of sweet animals that are looking for a good home. I filled out the application, have been in contact with one of the adpotion counselors, and found




him.......













And him.....










And, of course, him....












His name is Reed. He is a mutt, not sure what mix but some say part Cocker Spaniel, part Golden. One can only wonder, not knowing his background and such. He is about a year old and about 15 pounds. Just the right size for us! I have always been a big-dog fan, like Rotties, Mastiff's and Boxers, and I adore the faces of the Pit Bull Terriers, but I was so drawn to Reed when I saw his face. Plus, there is no way a Rottie could fit in this house of our! Doesn't it look like he is totally smiling in the photographs? He just screams - SCRAPBOOK ME! He also reminds me of a dog we used to have named Blackie, only she was white.......... Just kidding, she was black! I was just testing you! lol I kill myself!

So, hopefully we are going to go meet him Sunday and see if he likes us and if we like him. If all goes well, our family will be growing by one. I'm not sure when we would get to take our new furry family member home, but we are keeping our fingers crossed anyway. We have the new crate, cushion and chew bone just waiting for someone to sleep in it, and my husband won't fit, so we are going to have to fill it with Reed.............. or someone else that might touch our hearts.

Oh, and for those that know our past history with dogs, I told Mike that if he gets rid of another one of my animals, I would probably get rid of him first! Hmmph. So there! : )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay, it works. I can leave a comment. Woo hoo. Fingers crossed on the new addition!
xoxoxo,
Lucy