Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Interviews.......

Well, I have two down. Well, one and a half.... I will explain.

The first one was for a magazine publisher looking for an Office Manager. The environment was great, right up my alley. The interview went very well too. I felt very comfortable with her. The only drawback that I can see right now is the money and benefits. Because it is a small office, they don't offer the large benny's that I get now, like life insurance, disability, 401k, etc. She also doesn't think she can get me the money I need. So, I weigh my options and wait for a call. She said that she was very impressed with me and that she would call later this week. Still holding out hope though.

The second "meeting" was last night in Mansfield. And I mean meeting. It wasn't an actual interview. It was a meet and greet session. The strangest thing I have ever seen, but oddly enough, it was rather ingenious. The company is planning on expanding to over double it's current size so they are in need of LOTS of different positions. Their thought is to bring in all the current employees and also the candidates for the open positions and have them mingle together; meet and greet. Now, for those that know me, you know that when I first meet someone I have a rather shy side to me, so this environment was rather challenging for me. It was hard to say, Hi I'm Stacey and I am here for the Office Admin. position. You need to hire me because........ UGH! Anyway, this is the best way they found to get lots of people together at once. There was a sign up sheet and if you liked who you talked to and it looked like a cool place to work and you wanted an actual interview, you would write your name on the sign up sheet. That way, there was confidentiality and no hard feelings if you didn't want to come back. Well, I put my name on the list for a follow-up. We will see what happens from here.

I think if I was to move from my current job and got more money and benny's and everything, this would be the natural choice for me. Although I love the creative environment of the magazine...... but there is probably more room for growth in a company this size than the 6 person team at the other job. And I'm sure I can make more money here...... Plus it is only 15 minutes from my house! BONUS! No more traveling 40 minutes to work! Yippee! I digress....

So now I wait...... Fingers crossed.... feeling badly about wanting to leave Harrington House..... I guess it is my 7 year itch..... Think good thoughts for me.

2 comments:

lynette said...

I AM SENDING YOU OUT NOTHING BUT GOOD THOUGHTS, MY FRIEND!!!! Hope you get a call soon.
xo
lynnie

Anonymous said...

Stacey,
Good thoughts being sent your way!
Lisa