Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Fall has fallen...

Home again, home again, jiggity jig... from a wonderful weekend in the country. We stayed at the Sturbridge Host Hotel located on Cedar Lake for the wedding of Scott and Brooke. It was just beautiful. The bride and groom and the families and friends enjoyed each other immensely. Nothing better than a fall day in New England; add a gorgeous wedding to the mix and it is just perfection. No wedding pics to share just yet, but I do have a couple others to share.

This was the view from our 2nd floor balcony


















and the covered bridge in Sturbridge Village.












The autumn colors are simply amazing. It is just about peak here in MA; maybe by the weekend. We didn't get to go for our annual trip to NH this year, but Sturbridge was just as beautiful.
I leave you with a prayer request. My friend Lynette got some horrible news today. Please say a prayer for her mother. She was diagnosed with breast cancer today and will undergo emergency surgery in the morning. Although I am very worried about Mrs. Bison, it is Lynette that needs the prayers. I don't know how much more sadness she can take right now.
Also, it just happens to be Breast Cancer Awareness Month. PLEASE be sure to schedule your annual breast exams. We want to keep you all around for a while longer. Cancer is no laughing matter.

2 comments:

Nancywithajones said...

OH MY GOSH I can only DREAM of those colors in the scenery here in MObile. We do have a beautiful spring like no other but our fall is just not NEAR the beauty of what you saw. WOW I would love to one day go see that! Cannot wait to see you scrap those pages. DID You see the flair fall line the colors are amazing reminded me of that. I have missed you girly girl! big hugs

Andrea said...

I just stumbled across your blog :) Gorgeous photos! I want our fall back! It's starting to get frosty and chilly and most of the leaves have already fallen off our trees.