Monday, August 21, 2006

A family that scraps together......

...well, stays together.... Even when some of us are a whole country away.

It was such a thoughtful act. My Uncle Herbie that lives in San Jose, CA is out to visit the family for my grandfather's birthday. We are very lucky to be celebrating this birthday - last Christmas was very stressful for our family. Anyway, my Mother, my Aunt, Emily and I were planning on going to Auntie Debbie's house on Sunday to "scrap". Now when I say scrap, I mean more guide them on the steps to creating some cards..... It was rather comical at certain points of the day.

Now, everyone in my family knows how much a part of my life scrapbooking is and how important it is to me. Not a day goes by where I don't somehow interact with scrapbooking essentials. Well, to my surprise, when we finally got settled at Auntie Debbie's kitchen table, low and behold, Uncle Herbie sits down too. Our goal was to make a card for Bubba's birthday. Well, I am happy to report that we ALL, yes even Uncle Herbie, made a birthday card! Now, I just have to point out just how much that meant to me. So many people look at this hobby with questions - they just don't get it! And yet, here is my uncle that I don't get to see hardly ever, showing interest in what I do and wanting to learn about card making and rubberstamping! Amazing! Thank you, Uncle Herbie. I love that you did that for me, and I love you!

And now, I am off the the tv to watch FOX - The season premier of Prison Break! Oh yummy! I just LOVE this show! It has been way too long since it has been on!

Oh, and I found another great scrapbooking/photography gallery/message board. The people are way awesome and so supportive. (and they are looking for DT members!) Just thought you might like to know. Every Tuesday night they have an open chat. I'd love to see you register and join me. (get your refresh button finger ready!) Check it out and let me know what you think.

Well, my long weekend is officially over now. Back to work tomorrow...... Have a great week!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's really nice that whole family was into it. You must have had a fun time!

Anonymous said...

Stacey-I can't believe the family resemblance - omg!!!

Nancywithajones said...

HOW COOL IS THISSSSSSSSSS my family all just look at me like im from mars when I drag it all out. THEY LOVE to see the finished product they love getting the gifts but dont bring allt he other to them rofl. Your so lucky

Laura said...

Hi, just wanted to stop by and check out your blog. Hope you are had a super weekend,and that the upcoming work week isn't too hectic. Loved your story about your family getting together to do some card making. That is awesome! My family (nor friends) understand my addiction, so I understand how special that must have been. Take care!!

Kimberly Rae said...

That is so awesome... my family enjoys the pages I do, but they won't scrap with me... at least my hubby's side of the family. My mom, grandmother and myself, well that's a different story