Thursday, December 14, 2006

It's beginning to look a lot like.....

Yup. It's that time of year.... The lights are displayed, the music is playing, the gifts are bought.... well, almost. Ok. Not even close.... but I have been thinking about it. So much to do, so little time to do it all in..... Dare I say Bah Humbug? Nah.... Next to Halloween, Christmas is my FAVORITE! So I share a few recent pictures that celebrate the season. The absence of snow is definitely not putting a damper on things - trust me! That is the one thing I can always do without.....

Here is my tree topper. I have had him for quite some time now.... Actually, a really long time... YES, it IS an angel. I know Michelle will appreciate him. OK, so it might not be your typical angel, but he is an ANGEL! ...and he makes me smile. Do you really think that I would have a normal angel.... heh... right.....


















Even Patches is getting into the holiday spirit. By the looks of her wet nose, it seems that she has spent too much time at the cat nip bar...... Oh, and if you look really closely, REALLY closely behind her left shoulder (do cat's even HAVE shoulders????) you can see the "typical" Christmas angel. She just happens to be on my end table instead of the tree. But more importantly, do cat's have shoulders?????
















And this is a photo of one of the houses in our town that decorates to the MAX every year. I have no clue how many lights there are here (a LOT) but let me tell you, you can see the glow about 3 streets away! It is such a site to see! We always make it a point to do a drive by though. It too makes me smile. I have never been a huge fan of colored lights, especially the BLINKING type, but this is really fun.











Well, I leave you with many well wishes for the upcoming holiday, whatever that holiday may be. Whether you are lighting your candles for 8 days or you are attending midnight mass, or you are opening 85 presents in just under 7.2 minutes at 5:30 am, Whatever way you choose to celebrate the upcoming holidays, I hope you are spending it with the people that you love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stace, is this blog site service different than the one you used to have? It doesn't let me use my user ID I had been using. Oh well, I'll just leave a not so anonymous comment. Lucy D.