Saturday, November 04, 2006

Oct. 21st....

So I got a call from a friend yesterday saying.... October 21st...... I'm thinking, thinking, thinking, and then I was like, yeah, what's so special about October 21st? She said that was the last time that updated my blog...... Oh, geeze.... I didn't even know that people were really reading (stalking) this thing........ Ok. I give in.... So here is my update, OK, Amy!!!! Now shut it! (just kidding! I love you!) :)




Not too much to talk about. Seriously. I'm pretty boring. But here is an attempt to sound "exciting".... yeah right!


Went on an interview last week for an HR Asst. position. Obviously I sucked, because I didn't get the job. I really wanted it too. Not that I don't love my job now, because I am very lucky to be in a job that I like and work with a boss that I can honestly call one of my best friends. Not too many people can say that. Not too many people can be a boss and a friend at the same time. It takes lots of respect on both ends and the ability to put the small stuff aside and not take things personally. Not easy, but when it works, there is nothing better. Anyway, I think the prospect of starting something new, being closer to home and making more money was very intriguing for me, and I it made me really want to be there. I have some experience in HR but don't have that paper from a college saying that I have the experience. So, I think that I am going to do some online courses and try to get my associates in Human Resources. It is going to take a long time, because I certainly can't afford $20000 for school, so one class at a time, when I can afford it. I don't know. Just something I am thinking about. It certainly wouldnt' hurt. Thankfully my FT job offers up to $1000 a year in tuition reimbursement. That's my push to get this going.





I have been working at SPM quite a bit lately while Doreen is away. Worked on some class samples. Here is an all occasion card class that I will be doing... I used some of the older Chatterbox papers. Love the Chateau line. You can check out the SPM website for dates and times of all the upcoming classes. Oh, and for those that don't know, she accepts the Michael's, Joanne's and AC Moore coupons! Woo Hoo!


Papa should be coming home from the nursing home today. That is something to celebrate! Pray for a safe return! We love you Papa!


It is SATURDAY - another reason to celebrate!


Doing a Xmas card class at Michael's on Monday night, and I have 2 people signed up! - that is definitely something to celebrate!


I love my friends and family - yet another reason to celebrate! Speaking of which, I think we are due for another margarita night, ladies! (I could celebrate margarita's any day of the week!)Lets pick a date and time.......


OK. I now have to get ready for work. I will expect a few comments on here, especially from you, AMY!!!!
xoxoxoxo
Stacey

4 comments:

lynette said...

I know for sure that you do not suck you are a very hard worker and a great person and if they can't see that then it is them that sucks!!!! I guess now that you have written in your blog I have to write in mine, right?? Remember we all love you!!(and you know who the we's are)
lynnie

Anonymous said...

Yeah, i'm with Amy. I knew lots had gone on in your not-so-boring life since Oct. 21st. Thanks for the update. Don't be so hard on yourself about the job. She did interview a lot of candidates. Something great will come your way. Margaritas sound good - lets find someplace with more potent ones! I still think mine were weak.
Have a great week, chickie!

Anonymous said...

OK I'm happy now...your up to date!
Love Amy

Anonymous said...

those cards are great!