Sunday, October 01, 2006

Secret's Revealed.....

OK, so it isn't some huge life-changing secret. I know that I have kept lots of you in suspence all weekend.... So I will let you in on my little "secret". Do you know the secret handshake????

I interviewed at my LSS and was hired - ON THE SPOT! Doreen seems to be a wonderful person and I think we will work well together. I am getting some projects ready for my first classes and will be working in the store soon. I can't wait to start. It will feel so good to get back into the LSS groove again. I have missed the interaction with the customers and the feeling of belonging somewhere. Let's hope that I can work up to her expectations and do things correctly. (That was an issue elsewhere....) She has a tricky location, so the foot traffic isn't huge yet, but with some good advertising, new classes and crops and a new sign, hopefully it will pick up more.

I will be slowly reducing my classes at Michaels while I spend more time working at the LSS. I liked working at Michael's very much but was very frustrated with the number of students. I don't think people go there for scrapbooking classes. It is more of an "arts and crafts" store rather than specifically scrapbooking store. I will stay on as long as they let me and fill in as needed. Laura was an amazing boss and I would hate to leave her, so hopefully I can stay on "per diem".

So that's it. Nothing earth shattering. Just some really good news for me. Something that I have missed and can't wait to start again.

I will keep you informed of any upcoming classes and goings-on at MY NEW STORE!!!.... Ok, it isn't mine, but it feels like home already!

I leave you with some pics of our Margarita night on Friday. Thanks, Donna, Lucy, Lynette, Rosemary, Debbie, Amy and Danielle.... I always have a ROCKIN GOOD TIME when I am out with you! Love you all!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stacey is this in Rhode Island?
How far of a drive is that?

What Michaels do you teach at? I would love to come meet you and take one of your classes... however if it is in RI I might have to wait for a weekend class...

CONGRATS!
Flavia

Anonymous said...

Wow - exciting news - wishing you good luck.
Sharon

lynette said...

Hey Girlfriend I could'nt be more proud!!!! I REALLY mean it!!!!! Can't wait to go to one of your crops. Take care and I will see you tomorrow.
love ya,
lynnie

Anonymous said...

So happy for you. I know you'll do a great job. I look forward to visiting you there and seeing all the creative ideas you come up with.
Donna

Nancywithajones said...

WHEHEWWWEWEWWWW SOOOOOOO HAPPY AND EXCITED FOR YOU!!!! I know you will do an amazingly awesome job! YOU GO GIRLFRIEND (IKNEW YOU WOULD DO IT!!!)

Anonymous said...

You rock girl~soon you will be as famous as our friend DMBD.